Best online bookmakers in the UK 2020
In 2020 online betting is by far the most popular form of sports betting, making up the bigger part of the sports betting market. As there are hundreds of online bookies in the UK to choose from, the most important step is to find which of these bookmakers offers enough value to its punters. Luckily, our website covers both extensive online bookmaker reviews and specific sportsbook bonus reviews for a large number of British bookmakers. Our list of bookmakers only includes online sports betting websites regulated in the UK.
We have set up our site in such a way that it’s very easy to find useful info and complete reviews of the very best online bookies in the UK. Punters obviously have very different needs when it comes to finding an online bookmakers to bet with and we fully understand this. Instead of researching a proper bookmaker yourself, you can simply sit back and go through our reviews, which pretty much do all the work for you. Thanks to our guides you won’t have to do any groundwork anymore. We’ll make sure you will find yourself some fruitful sport bets.
The best online bookmakers – top list 2020
With a rapidly increasing number of UK online bookmakers, sorting the wheat from the chaff is a rather exhausting task for punters. Fortunately, it’s our job to carry this load. In order to make picking a bookie as easy as possible, we went ahead to weigh and measure all the online bookmakers in the UK to deliver you nothing but the best ones. We’ve done so by taking into account all criteria that make the best online bookmakers in the UK stand out from the rest.
All of the online bookmakers listed in our BetBuilder top list have gone through our rigorous review process leaving only licenced and legal betting sites. These online bookies usually offer welcome bonuses and free bets in order to catch your interest, so make sure you shop around and take full advantage of our 2020 top list. Consider this list as a solid foot in the door that will often pay off. Here are our recommended online bookmakers in the UK.
How we choose the top online bookmakers for our list
We will obviously need a bit to exactly explain to you how we actually choose which UK online bookmakers make it to our top list and which don’t. We work with an extensive checklist of criteria that bookies online will need to pass before we eventually decide to recommend them. Although these vary over time, the current criteria for adding a UK bookmaker to our list, include:
- UKGC licence: our top priority is to always check if the bookie is licenced by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC). We also check the licence number in order to see whether it is valid. As a result all of our bookies are licenced in the UK.
- Odds: this is pretty much one of the first things to check when it comes to online sports betting. High odds clearly means there’s more in for you on every win you make. Online bookies that offer fair odds will get highly valued by our experts.
- Bonuses and offers: an attractive welcome bonus will pump up your starting bankroll giving you more versatility on how you make your bets. Not only do we consider a large amount of promotions as a welcome addition, we also take into account the odds and bonus terms and conditions. All of these need to be in balance.
- Mobile app functionality: with more and more punters betting on their phones, a mobile friendly website or app has become fundamental in today’s betting industry. Bookmakers will need to offer a suitable mobile solution for those who bet on the go.
- Website quality: there are many things to say about the quality of the website. Apart from a decent web design it should also be easy to find the sport and market your looking for. Online betting is a very dynamic activity so things need to be smoothless.
- Live streaming: proper bookmakers offer live streaming. Live streams make it possible to watch your favourite sports event online and give you the ultimate betting experience. Live streaming make you get the most out of instant sports betting.
- Events and markets: there shouldn’t really be any restrictions on your market options. Apart from standard elements like match results, you should be able to find nearly all the sport events and selections you want to bet on.
- Customer support: trustworthy UK bookies offer proper assistance when needed. This is why a customer support desk should not only be knowledgeable, they should also deliver fast answers. At the end, sports betting is an immediate need.
- Policy on wins: online bookies don’t like to lose and winning punters actually mean bad business for bookmakers. For some bookies online this means they’ll do pretty much everything to avoid their players to withdraw their wins. Our recommended bookies luckily deal fairly with their customers. Sketchy terms and conditions are not accepted on our website.
- Updates: we try keep our list of bookmakers up to date as much as possible as we’re talking about an ever-changing industry. We find it important that bookmakers update and enhance their services and when they do so, we will also update this in our list, as we are aware of the exact areas of importance for British punters.
What you should look up before signing up with a bookie
At BetBuilder.com we aim to find the best bookie websites for UK players, meaning that we exclusively recommend sites that add value to your betting experience and offer fair customer service. That is: if the bookies’ site doesn’t meet our online expert team’s criteria, then they don’t make the cut. Curious to find out? First, check out the ratings and reviews before picking one, so you make sure you make the best decision. Here’s what we make sure is covered and we recommend to look up before eventually signing up with a bookie:
- Welcome offer: in a competitive industry like the online sports betting business, it’s fair enough to expect some sort of welcome offer for your bets. In fact you are fully entitled to a nice welcome bonus if you ask us, as the first interaction with your newfound bookie should obviously be a rewarding one.
- Terms & conditions: as welcome bonuses are not only numbers, we make sure to break down the terms and conditions related to any sign-up offer, while the same holds for free bets or other type of bonuses. This way we make sure the bonus is achievable for those looking for decent promotions. We cover rollovers and provide any information you need to make your bet.
- Betting market: you want to be able to place a wager on a market your looking for, preferably including markets that you don’t find at other bookmakers. Market choice is very important to our team of experts and it should be to you as well. The sites we consider the best bookies in the UK deliver choice across all genres, from less common Scandinavian sports to elections in world politics. Obviously, you won’t have to bet on all of them, but a large market offer certainly needs to be available.
- Trustworthiness: we care very much what existing clients think of the websites they bet on and we therefore continuously take reviews by other players intro account. Our professionals check the forums, test the customer support desk, and try to look out for problem areas that existing customers have with their bookies. Whether it’s a welcome bonus that wasn’t delivered, a new service running into startup problems, or a disputed bet that wasn’t followed up right — we know. Make sure you do as well.
- Payment methods: traditional payment methods like credit cards or bank transfers are still widely used, but the introduction of e-wallets like Skrill and Trustly have caused a shift in online payments. Our reviews make sure the payment options offer a trustworthy platform to deposit or withdrawal money. We advise you to always look up the monetary limits, deposit, and withdrawal times for each payment method.
- Payment methods and bonuses: please be aware that some online bookies exclude certain payment methods for their bonuses. Alternatively they may allow some payment methods for a first deposit option, but won’t let them qualify for free bets, no deposit bonuses, or other promos. This is definitely something to be aware of when signing up at a new bookie in the UK.
- Sports: most of the punters in the UK love placing bets on sports like football, tennis and rugby, however, it’s good to know that there’s a lot more to it. Just think of other games like darts, golf, greyhound racing, cricket, badminton, and snooker. All of these are highly competitive sports with dozens of markets. Ensure you check the bookie offers the sport you enjoy betting on, notably when it’s a less usual discipline.
The importance of choosing a UK bookmaker licenced by UKGC
Before placing your first bet at a bookmaker you should always consider the website’s reputation. We urge you to carefully investigate the bookmaker you’re wanting to play at or you can save yourself some time and pick one or multiple bookmakers listed in our top list for 2020. All of our carefully selected bookmakers come with a UK licence safeguarding customer protection and fair play policies. A UK Gambling Commission licence means:
- The bookie you are using is regulated and therefore trustworthy.
- Your money are protected.
United Kingdom Gambling Commission
The United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC) was launched as part of the 2005 Gambling Act with the key responsibility of regulating the UK’s market with an important focus on online betting. One of UKGC’s main tasks is to ensure that gambling is free of any criminal activities. Furthermore the Gambling Commission protects minors and other vulnerable groups of negative consequences associated with gambling. Choosing a bookmaker licenced by UKGC will also make sure you can count on an authority that:
- Ensures that each licence holder has a separate bank account. This means the players’ funds are saved in a safe place.
- The licence holders take all necessary measures in order to protect players that have or may turn out to have problematic gambling behaviours.
- Regular investigations are being done on the licence holders. These are meant to affirm that they keep offering a trustworthy gaming platform and that players bet at a company that is financially stable.
- Online bookmakers offer correct promotions. Adverts that are not accurate are not permitted by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission.
- The bookmaker uses secure payment technologies and takes all the necessary measures to both avoid and find money laundering.
- Every player gets verified upon registration in order to avoid false accounts. This is especially the case when withdrawals are requested.
BetBuilder’s final note
Please note that no single bookmaker is perfect for every punter, and you will only find out if it’s right for you by giving it a go yourself. Choosing the “best” bookie site in the UK is undeniably subjective, but our bookmaker top list for 2020 is stacked with useful information to help you take your decision. All we want to do is make your online betting experience as easy as possible. Now go ahead and find yourself a winner.
Betsson is a true game changer when it comes to sports betting and with over…
Although initially targeting Scandinavian punters, NordicBet has rapidly become one of Europe's leading bookmakers, standing…
Betsafe is a major brand in the world of online gambling serving punters throughout the…
[affiliates_carousel posts="NordicBet Bet Builder|Betsafe Bet Builder|Betsson Bet Builder"] It’s become nearly impossible for online bookies…
Betting on how many goals will be scored in today’s match, on the half time…