Free Bets in UK
It’s become nearly impossible for online bookies in the UK to make it in the online betting market without offering free bets to new customers. The vast majority of online bookies in the UK therefore offers free bets to their new visitors.This has led to an explosion in both the number and quality of offers, ranging from free bets to big deposit match bonuses and even cash backs. In the following paragraphs, we’ll give you the best free bets offers in the UK and we’ll explain everything you need to know to make the most of these free bets promos. Our goal? To make sure you’ve got access to the best free bets and bonuses in the UK.
Best free bets offers in UK
Although free bet offers give you the chance to try out a new bookmaker for free, picking the right bookie turns out to be quite a challenge. Our job is to offer a complete betting guide and make you get the most out of the latest free bets across UK’s leading online bookies. The below list of free bets offers allows you to take advantage of high-value new customer betting deals for British punters. All of these offers are readily available and meant to deliver whatever sort of free bet offer you’re looking for in 2020. Try them out for yourself and do keep checking back for the latest promos as we update them regularly. This one’s on us.
At BetBuilder we make sure that all promotions we recommend are fair, fully transparent, and in compliance with the UK gambling law. We take our time to thoroughly analyse and review all the free bet offers that are available in the UK to both new and existing punters. Our dedicated team of reviewers has ranked them according to a strict set of criteria which has led to an easy to follow list of free bets offers. We recommend you to try these sites and see which online bookie works best for you — of course it’s now up to you to win the bet.
How to get free bets offers?
To claim your free bet offer, you typically need to:
- Identify trusted online bookmakers: to begin you need to identify one or more trustworthy UK bookmakers offering a nice free bets offer.
- Open an account: this is commonly done by providing and verifying your personal details such as your name and home address.
- Register a payment method: such as a credit card, bank account, or e-wallet.
- Make a deposit: deposit credits into your betting account.
- Claim your free bets: now you’re fully registered you’re able to claim what’s yours.
Free bets terms and conditions
Although this seems fairly easy it’s in fact crucial that you familiarise yourself with all the terms and conditions related to free bets. BetBuilder has already done all of this for you and should be your favourite spot to find free bets, sign up offers, welcome bonuses, bookmaker reviews, bonus codes, decent odds and betting tips. Our sports betting experts will help you understand everything about bookmaker promos and how to make the most out of free bets.
4 ways to claim your free bets
To use your free bet, it should normally be enough to add your selections to the bet slip and make sure you select the available bonus/free bet when confirming your bet. There are, however, other ways to claim your free bets and that’s why we decided to sum them up:
- Free bets on sign up: although there are indeed some no deposit offers, most free bets will require you to first deposit money and then place a bet. This first free bet, the so called qualifying bet, will often need to be placed at a minimum odd in order to trigger it.
- Promo codes: some free bets require a bonus code (also called a promo code, deposit code, or referral code). If a promo code is required to validate your free bets we will always tell you about it in our free bets top list.
- Rewards for loyal players: loyalty programs are set up by certain bookmakers to incentive and reward returning customers on their betting websites. Some will give you free bets based on your deposits, while others will come up with other sorts of promos for loyal punters. It can therefore be rewarding to stick with the same bookie.
- Cashbacks: these promos are also known as money back deals. Cashbacks are either automatically credited to your account or can be applied for online once you’ve met the different criteria. Cashbacks come in various ways, but usually involve losses, like a horse finishing third or a losing bet on a football game. If you lose you’ll get a fixed percentage back. Normally this percentage is set at either 5%, 10%, or 20%.
How free bets bonuses work?
You receive free bets when a bookie gives you the option to place a bet without any financial risk in return, that is, you are not required to make an extra deposit to be entitled to the free bet. This kind of offer is usually associated with new customers, although some offers can be also found for existing customers. There are various type of free bets to be found, with differing terms, conditions and requirements before you can actually take advantage of them.
How to get your free bets?
Some bookies in the UK make it very simple to use bonus offers and do not require that you deposit funds into an account first. You can claim a bonus bet by making use of a special referral link to the free bets offer or possibly look for the option in the betslip to ensure your bet is being placed with your online bonus funds. The biggest difference between a free bet and a normal bet is that you do not have to use your own money to bet. Do note that the stake is usually not refunded with your winnings if the bet turns out to win. Only the profit on the initial stake will be paid out.
Online bookies in the UK make offers available to encourage punters to open a new sports betting account. This is, of course, a token of goodwill, but there’s certainly something into it for the bookmaker as well. All bookies hope you’ll enjoy using their service and eventually become a loyal and long term customer. As handing out free bets doesn’t come cheap, free bet offers will come with a number of terms that need to be met when claiming your own free bets. In order to get the most out of your free bet sign up, we urge you to check:
- Payment method: that is, it is very important to check whether the preferred payment method is actually applicable to a free bet offer before making your first deposit. Some bookies will not accept all e-wallets or do not accept certain e-wallets to be used when you claim your free bets.
- Wagering requirements: rollovers are more common for deposit bonuses, but some online bookmakers in the UK apply them to the winnings from their free bets as well. This means you’ll need to place a certain number of bets before you can actually withdraw your winnings. These numbers are usually given as a multiplier of the free bets bonus, such as 5x.
- To illustrate this: if you have a £50 bonus with a 5x WR, you need to place £250 in bets before you’ll be able to withdraw the winnings.
- Minimum and maximum odds: most free bets are limited in terms of odds meaning that any bet with odds shorter than the minimum odd is not allowed for free bets. It is needless to say that all bets with a minimum odd of 2.0 will need to be either 2.0 or higher to apply for the free bets. Clearly, the same holds for maximum odds.
- Validity for mobile/app: we advise you to always check if the free bets apply to every device: such as a desktop, tablet and smartphone. Some offers are exclusively for app users, while others may exclude mobile users. Your best free bet would be one that is valid across all platforms of the sportsbook site.
- Expiration date: often free bets come with a certain expiry date, so you must make sure to use them within this time period. If not, the free bets will be removed automatically from your account. This actually makes sense as bookies want to measure how many free bets they’ve given away during a certain period of time. Please note that the time of validity can range from 7 days to as short as 24 hours.
- Sports: some free bets might only be used on specific sports bets like football or basketball. This can also depend on a special sports event coming up as a lot of free bets will be attracted to promotions when players tend to be more active. We find a lot of free bets are valid in the UK for football matches which clearly isn’t surprising.
Can I build a bet with a free bet offer?
Thanks to growing competition, the sports betting industry has also seen a steady increase in the number of betting options. One of the latest offerings is Build a Bet, a feature that allows punters to combine multiple selections from one match to a bigger bet. This option is especially useful for those that can use their knowledge to possibly earn bigger wins.
To fully take advantage of these popular Bet Builders you can claim your free bets and use them to create your own bet. In order to do so, you will have to add the free bets to your bet slip by either using a bonus code, referral link or look up the free bets in your online account. Once added, you can combine your bet after which you’ll see the odds of your created bet. An increasing number of bookies that work with Bet Builders offer free bets.
Sports to bet on for free
Let’s take a quick look at which sports are most popular in the UK when it comes to having a flutter:
- Football: without a doubt the biggest sport for British sports bettors. With the Premier League there is a lot to bet on, not even mentioning other football leagues in Europe.
- Tennis: the good thing is that tournaments take place all year round. UK punters’ favourite? Of course, the world’s most famous tennis tournament: Wimbledon.
- Horse Racing: this has always been a popular sport to bet on in the UK. With different races being held every day, there is never a shortage of options.
- US Sports: as one of the favourite sports of the United States, the NBA has also taken the fancy of many UK bettors, while the same actually holds for American Football which draws a very eager crowd amongst British punters as well.
- Rugby: we’re pretty good at it and that’s why we love betting on rugby. Our favourites? The Six Nations Rugby Championship.
- Darts: of course, darts is heavily sponsored by different betting companies across the country. And this actually shows how spectating a sport is for online betting.
- Greyhound racing: a lot of punters in the UK prefer greyhound racing from horse racing as there are a lot more constants.
- Golf: it may not be as fast-moving as other popular sports, but golf does boast huge events with a steady fanbase in the UK, showing its potential for online gambling.
- Snooker: making a bet on snooker offers a great alternative way to make a profit. We’re happy to say there are a big number of markets on all snooker tournaments.
- Boxing: pay-per-view boxing matches have increased rapidly in popularity, showing once again that boxing is alive and rockin’. The UK fanbase is still there after all.