World Class Casino with Live Dealers
The introduction of casino sites would turn out to have a major impact on the gambling industry, as players could suddenly gamble without having to leave their living room. Yet, many players missed something when joining regular table games: the ambiance of traditional, physical casinos. Let’s face it: sitting at a fictional, online roulette table is indeed very easy and practical, but it’s not quite the same experience as going to your favourite brick and mortar casino and joining a real table with real players. At the end, nothing comes close to the ambiance of a real casino.
Well, not everyone might agree on this one, as the arrival of live casinos has had its impact, to say the very least. Thanks to a live camera connection, live casinos facilitate direct contact with a real table, including a real croupier who deals cards to all players and keeps the game moving. This ultra realistic live setting explains why live casinos have managed to gain a lot of popularity among players. Most gambling operators offer live casino but require deposits before joining a live table. This is the exact reason why you need to make sure you make the right choice when signing up at a casino. Here’s all you need to know.
How to play live casino games?
If you’ve never played in a live casino before, you will need to know a few things to ensure an optimal gaming experience. There is no question that live casinos are exciting and very, let’s say, lively, but we hope you do realise we’re talking about the real deal here. Unlike online casinos, there is no demo modus available as you’re joining a live casino with table games, meaning there is a real dealer and real players waiting for you. This also means you’ll be expected to make a bet with real money which isn’t necessarily the case if you play a slot game in a casino site. True as well is that you can take a free look at a live table to get a better impression of the dealer at the table and the look and feel of the live casino.
Join a live casino game
This brings us to the question how a live casino works in real life. Here’s how you can join a live casino table game yourself:
- The first step when joining a live casino table to make sure you have sufficient funds available.
- The next step is to choose the game you want to play by simply clicking on it. All most common table games are available, like Blackjack, Roulette and Baccarat, while game providers like Evolution Gaming have also launched live versions of different game shows like Deal or No Deal and Dream Catcher.
- Next, you’ll be taken to the lobby and you will be able to see the betting options available for your preferred game. To start playing, pick a table with a bet level you’re comfortable with and pick a free spot. You will be able to participate every new round.
- Place your bet by choosing a chip value and clicking on the beatbox. It’s really that easy.
Difference between live casino and slot casino games
All results of slot games are generated by a computer generated Random Number Generator (RNG). This random number generator ensures that every outcome of a game is fair and completely independent. In a live casino things work just as fair and independent, but are conducted differently. In a live casino you play with real dealers, just like in a land based casino setting, meaning the dealer will shuffle the cards or spin the roulette wheel, depending on the game. There is no automated, random number generator, however, involved in live casinos. In addition, you can follow the progress of all live games perfectly via live High Definition streaming videos. There’s even an option to chat with the dealer if you have a game related question. It’s the dealer showing the results, not the computer.
The role of live dealers
As in any land based casino, the dealers in the live casinos are completely aware of all the rules and know how to properly lead the game. Live dealers can be found at every live casino game and actually give an extra, human dimension to playing online. The extra live dimension is the biggest reason why live dealer casinos are so popular amongst players. They make you feel like you are actually sitting at the table in a land based casino, with the biggest difference that you can join the live table while sitting at home on your couch.
Live casino games
Almost all live casinos offer the common assortment of table games, meaning a combination of Live Roulette, Live Blackjack and Live Baccarat is very probable to be found in pretty much any live casino. The larger live casinos also offer specific variants such as Live Casino Hold’em and Live Three Card Poker along with a few other less common games. In addition to the usual table games, more and more live casinos also offer game shows which have their own live casino versions, hosted by live presenters. Games that fall into this category are usually produced by software developer Evolution Gaming and some popular titles are Live Dream Catcher, Football Studio, Monopoly Live, and Deal Or No Deal Live.
Live casino providers
Talking about software developers: live casino productions involve live dealers, fully-equipped studios, and sometimes even streaming partnerships with land based casinos. This is why there are very few live casino developers in comparison with regular, online game developers. Any reasonable live casino tends to offer Evolution Gaming’s software, although some other developers have been doing a decent job as well in recent years. NetEnt and Pragmatic Play are well-known software suppliers in the casino industry and they’re slowly gaining popularity among both players and operators. Yet, Evolution Gaming is very far ahead of the competition. Some of today’s most reputable live casino developers are:
- Evolution Gaming: this is the absolute market leader when it comes to live casino games. This Stockholm-based software provider has the widest range of live casino games, including a large number of games show that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Netent Live: NetEnt does not have a very wide range of live games, but the games they produce at this Swedish software developer are actually of very high quality.
- Pragmatic Play Live: this Romanian developer is most known for its online slots but has managed to book a lot of progress in the live industry as well. In fact: Pragmatic Play is currently the only company to stream live games in 4K resolution.
- Authentic Gaming Live: this is the smallest company of the four. Authentic Gaming Live is located in Malta and is growing considerably. It currently has a small range of games with only a few roulette games being hosted from either live studios or real casinos.
Crucial questions before playing in a live casino
As for making the right decision when it comes to picking a casino site, the same holds for playing in a live casino. It is true that by picking a proper casino site you will probably have covered this step as well, but if you’re only interested in live dealer games, you might just want to pay some extra attention before making a choice. Other than in most casino sites, you will need to make a real money bet when joining a live casino table game.
This is why our live casino experts suggest you to ask yourself some critical questions:
- Is the casino trustworthy? Good live casinos list their licenses on their website. You can then easily check on the internet what these licenses mean and where they are issued. In addition, it is recommended to read reviews from other users and casino experts to have a better understanding of the experiences of other players. With the transparency of online reviews it’s easy to pick out the rotten apples.
- Is the platform user-friendly? Live casinos are meant to deliver a maximum gambling experience as this is the exact reason why players join a live casino table game instead of an online one. This also means the platform will need to meet up with expectations and offer players a smooth and easy-to-understand platform. Pay attention to loading times and the overall user friendliness of the website.
- Are there enough quality games to play? Not every live casino has the same amount of games available and quantity does count as much as quality in our opinion. Our advice would be to pick a live casino with enough games so you won’t be forced to sign up at another casino and go through the whole process of checking the bonus terms and reading customer reviews all over again. A proper live casino offers enough depth and width when it comes to game portfolios.
- What banking methods are offered? Nowadays, there are many ways to deposit money into your account and this usually concerns trustworthy, easy-to-use payment methods. We all have our own preferences for banking methods, although the actual decision for a banking method will depend on handling times and fees.
- What’s the operator’s policy on payouts? Take a good look at the casino’s policy on withdrawals. For example, how long does it take before your wins are paid out and is there a minimum amount per day, week, or month? Also, check whether there are fees and/or other restrictions that make it more difficult to withdraw wins.
- Are there casino bonuses and other promotions? Online casinos sometimes give away hundreds of pounds in order to lead new players to their casinos. This is done via welcome bonuses or other promotions, but not all of them are (fully) valid for live casino games. Do make sure to check whether the promo can be used (either completely or partially) for live casino games. Also make sure to check the other bonus conditions, with the wagering requirements being the most important factor.
Live casino bonus
Choosing a live casino is not only done on the basis of the operator’s game selection and the software available. Punters play in a live casino to win. For most players, the live casino bonus is actually the most important reason to join or not to join a live casino, as it gives them some more breathing space when they make their first bet. Most live casinos have a general welcome bonus that can be wagered on most games available, although some operators include very strict terms and conditions, especially limiting fans of live dealer casinos and table games. Some casinos think of live casino players as a separate target group, meaning they have special live casino bonuses for them. In order to make the right decision for a live casino operator, we cannot urge you enough to go through all the terms and conditions and base your choice on the adequateness of the bonus for its live casino.
Today’s best live casino sites
To be sure that a live casino is both good for hours of online gambling fun and offers fair bonus terms and conditions, we have done all the preliminary work for you. Our slot experts have gone through everything you can think of when it comes to the ultimate live casino experience. We have taken into account licenses, availability in countries like the UK, US, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia, and have gone through game assortments of hundreds of live casinos available. This had led to a complete list of the top live casinos.
Our top 5 list live casinos
In order to come to these conclusions, we have tested a very wide range of casinos and especially paid attention to their live dealer casinos. We are happy to say that the live casino industry is a highly demanding niche, meaning that today’s standards are very high, leading to better and better gambling platforms every day. This had made it quite a challenge to shortlist all the operators to only 5 websites, but our live dealer casinos pick for 2021 are: